Assistant to the Director/Sales
Monte Clark Gallery is one of the leading galleries for contemporary art in Canada.
Monte Clark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Gallery is firmly committed to equal employment opportunities in all facets of its operations. Recruiting decisions are based on your experience and skills.
Qualified candidates should have a strong knowledge of twentieth-century and contemporary art. Candidates should be diligent, organized, and have a strong sense of time management, especially when tasked with several time-sensitive projects. Previous experience with data entry and Photoshop is strongly recommended. This role involves significant exposure to client information, therefore discretion is essential. Candidates should have an interest in sales, exhibition planning, and curation.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Responsible for database entries ensuring it is up-to-date and accurate
- Organize transportation of artworks
- Updating photo documentation
- Manage updates for the website and Online Viewing Rooms in collaboration with the communications team
- Serve as a resource for the public, answering questions about current exhibitions and the gallery program
- Maintain gallery appearances throughout the gallery
- Respond to all artists and artist studio needs
- Inventory management
- Social Media strategist
- Provide general administrative support for sales
- Liaising with the public
- Organize checklists, prepare support materials, and organize marketing materials for exhibitions
- Knowledge of and passion for contemporary art
- Communicating with clients
- Flexible schedule
- Ability and confidence to take initiative
The ideal candidate will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with superior written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills. The ability to work under pressure and handle a wide variety of activities is required. This position involves close contact with the director, curators, clients, and artists, therefore discretion and confidence are essential.
Position hours are 9:30 am – 5:30 pm Tuesday through Saturday. The candidate will need to work additional hours for gallery openings and Art Fairs.
Computer proficiency with Mac OSX and Photoshop.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits package including two weeks’ paid vacation which increases with tenure.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please submit your resume, cover letter and references to: