Gallery Assistant / Preparator
Deadline: November 19th
Full Time / Part Time
Qualified candidates should have an interest in gallery administration and exhibition installation. The candidate should have a good knowledge of and passion for contemporary art.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
General daily tasks:
- Art handling includes maintenance, installation, labeling and shipping
- Database maintenance
- Website maintenance, knowledge of WordPress
- Liaison between artists and gallery
- Computer proficiency with Mac OSX and Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Maintenance of physical gallery space
- Inventory management
The ideal candidate will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with superior written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, attention to detail, and a good sense for time management. The ability to work under pressure and handle a wide variety of activities is required. This position involves close contact with the gallery director, curators, clients, and artists, therefore discretion and confidence are essential.
Position hours are 9:30 am – 5:30 pm Tuesday through Saturday. The candidate will need to work additional hours for gallery openings and Art Fairs.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please submit your resume, cover letter and references to: